Two of the most popular hashtags on Instagram are #instagood and #love. These hashtags have two advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, these hashtags have the highest number of followers and searches. Including these hashtags in your Instagram pictures may appear to be a viable strategy to attract new followers. However, since they are the most sought-after, your post will likely be a drop in the ocean.
It is advisable to include both famous and obscure hashtags. Combining these two elements will increase the chances of your postings being seen by a wider audience and your niche’s specialized audience. How many hashtags should each post contain?
Generally, Instagram posts are allowed up to 30 hashtags. Instagram stories may include up to ten hashtags. However, simply because you may use up to 30 hashtags does not imply that you should do so.
Some of the most well-known businesses use an average of 3 to 11 hashtags per post, according to the handles of some of the most notable companies worldwide. It all comes down to the brand identification that you are attempting to establish. Furthermore, hashtags that relate to your company should be included in your posts. The #love hashtag is the most popular hashtag on Instagram, but if your company has nothing to do with love, you should not use it.
Several Instagram moderators have become increasingly stringent in recent years, and sites that overuse hashtags have been penalized with “shadow bans.” To increase the reach of your content, you must use only relevant hashtags and avoid using too many hashtags. Insta moderators are inclined to hashtags such as #like4like and #follow4follow, which are intended solely to increase Instagram likes and followers.
The different types of hashtags available on Instagram
This section will examine the nine types of hashtags used on Instagram.
- Hashtags related to services and products are essential on Instagram, mainly if you sell a product or service, such as a smartphone or laptop.
- It would help if you used hashtags for Instagram communities to reach a greater audience. For instance, #musiciansofinstagram and #artistsofinstagram.
- By using niche hashtags on Instagram, you may assist visitors in understanding your niche. For example, #foodblogger and #travelvlogger are examples of niche hashtags.
- Location hashtags are not crucial when posting Instagram photos, particularly if you have previously geotagged your photos. However, if users search for location-specific hashtags, these hashtags will significantly enhance your articles’ discoverability. For example, #londoneats and #incredibleindia are two examples of such hashtags.
- Using seasonal or special event hashtags will be great if you write about a specific season or special occasion. Examples of such hashtags include #worldmusicday and #winterdays.
- On Instagram, relevant phrase hashtags are usually composed of specialty, community, and product hashtags.
- If you share daily content on Instagram, hashtags such as #FridayNightFever or #SaturdayBlues.
- People often build and popularize emoji hashtags for amusement rather than to serve any substantial purpose.
- As hashtag usage on Instagram has become the norm, acronym hashtags such as #YOLO (you only live once) and #TBT (throwback Thursday) have become increasingly popular.
Here are some tips for finding relevant hashtags for your brand
Keep track of your target audience’s hashtag usage: If a specific hashtag is popular with your target group, many others are also likely to use it. It would help if you took note of the hashtags that your target audience uses the most often and incorporated them into your posts as often as possible. In this manner, your posts will be accessible to large Instagram groups, which is beneficial for locating individuals who may be interested in your products.
Stand out from the competition by using alternative hashtags: There is an excellent chance that your rivals are utilizing a few popular hashtags, regardless of your specialty. By slightly altering the current hashtags, it is best to create something unique if the competition is already established and you are just beginning. This would assist your company in becoming a member of the Instagram community and standing out from the competition.
To raise brand awareness, it is best to use branded hashtags: If you want people to become familiar with your brand using hashtags, you must design a branded hashtag. The customized hashtag would be used in every posting you make. This would allow people to become familiar with your business over time, which is essential for growing your Instagram presence.
Use Related Hashtags to target specific audiences: Instagram hashtag pages have two tabs: ‘Top’ and ‘Recent’ You can explore hashtags to the left of these tabs. These hashtags are somewhat more specific than standard keyword-based hashtags. However, they are effective in addressing a particular audience. Furthermore, these hashtags tend to have less competition than common keyword-based hashtags.
Avoid Instagram’s banned hashtags: Due to their affiliation with the material violating Instagram’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service, Instagram has prohibited several hashtags. It is advisable to check for it to determine if it is not permitted. Instagram will inform you if a specific hashtag is blocked when the search results appear.