If you are looking for this article, you’re probably feeling frustrated. We assure you that you need not worry; we have your back. The most effective methods for resolving the IP conflict error are described in this article. De-stress and concentrate on finding a solution to the problem at hand. The best part is that no matter whether you have performed Comfast CF-WR758AC setup or installed a Comfast AC1200 range extender in your house, the troubleshooting tactics mentioned here are applicable to both. Continue reading!
What Causes IP Conflict Error on Comfast Extender?
Understanding the root causes of the extender IP conflict issue is crucial before diving into the solutions. A few of the more important ones are listed below:
- In this case, the IP address of your device (router/computer/smartphone) and the IP address of the range extender are identical.
- You have either an out-of-date or a corrupted version of the firmware installed on your Comfast WiFi range extender.
- Your Comfast range extender is now linked to many devices that all share the same IP address.
- The quality of your internet connection is poor.
Now that you know why the IP conflict issue is driving you crazy, you can take the next step in fixing it.
Error Resolved: IP Conflict on Comfast Extender
The best practices for fixing the IP conflict issue on a Comfast WiFi range extender are outlined below.
- Restart your Comfast Extender
Whether you are getting Comfast WiFi extender login error or facing a minor issue with your device, rebooting is always the first and simplest resort. Thus, the first thing you should do when you get an IP conflict issue is to restart your WiFi equipment. Learn how to restart your extender by following the steps shown below.
- It’s time to unplug your extender and remove all its cords.
- Power down by pulling the plug out of the wall.
- Please hold on for just a little longer.
- You’ll need to reconnect all the wires and cables.
- When the WiFi indicator light on your gadget turns solid, you’re good to go.
- Time to Give New IP to Device
Change your device’s IP address to get rid of the extender IP conflict error. Trying to figure out the steps? If so, please follow the instructions below:
- The Windows key is supposed to be pressed first of all.
- Select “Network and Internet” from the Control Panel menu.
- Use the menu item “Network and Sharing Center” to access the feature.
- Proceed to Properties > Use the Following IP Address.
- Put in the IP address you wish to use for your computer, and then click the Apply button.
- The modifications you’ve made to the gadget will be stored automatically after a while.
Changing your computer’s IP address should fix the conflict, but if you’re still having problems after doing so, read on.
- Update Your Comfast Extender
The IP conflict problem may be resolved by updating the firmware of your Comfast WiFi extender using ap.setup web address. Follow the instructions below to upgrade your WiFi equipment:
- Connect your Comfast range extender and turn it on.
- Join your wireless range extender to the primary router.
- Access the default web address with the usage of a web browser.
- To install a firmware update, go and choose the Firmware Update option from the Settings menu.
- Turn off and back on the Comfast WiFi Extender.
- Reset your Comfast
Try resetting your WiFi device. Many users report success after returning their extender to its original, factory settings. Maybe it may help you, too! To reset your Comfast WiFi range extender, please follow these steps:
- Fire up your computer’s web browser.
- Get into the ap.setup Comfast control panel.
- Select Reset after accessing the settings section.
- To return the device to its original settings, choose the appropriate menu item.
It’s worth noting that your extender has a reset button you may use to return it to its original settings. However, you have to do Comfast WiFi extender setup without regard to the reset method used. And yes, this time the IP address conflict address error will kiss goodbye.